Sunday 8 May 2011

Ae Fond Return

I'm looking around up down and sideways and this is what it is - a big empty dark echoing blog - so here goes; my first shout into the dark.

This return to blogging, hence the Burnsian title, after my previous attempt, which wasn't exactly covered in gravy, is rather intimidating - though hopefully gives me an alternative to bursting a blood vessel, or shooting the TV - both of which have seemed likely prospects recently.  I understand Elvis's TV modification frenzy; although in my case I was only stopped at the last moment as I swung my trusty ice axe towards the family idiot box.  I intend for this blog to be my therapy, a preventative treatment to protect TVs, radios and computers everywhere.

What a time to mount the ramparts and proclaim:  The ConDem alliance, the repainting of Scotland's political map in SNP Yellow, our increasingly infantilised society, celebrity cultchur, a crazy mid life crisis involving motorcycles and the continuing war against an abstract concept should all prove fertile inspiration for a frustrated social anarchist.  It's not that I lack things to rail against, as I mentioned my life to date has been punctuated with explosions of frustration direct at the various embedded multimedia sources close by - I'm reliably informed that my streams of obscenities aimed at unresponsive assemblages of technology are not exactly flattering and tend to frighten the cheeldren...  This is my sweet catharsis I guess.

So I now have a space where I can shout back, and appropriately without response - that's an apposite solution, aren't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment